In this article, you will find information about backup scripts.
There are three types of backup scripts:
- Pre-backup - the script is executed before the backup starts. There is an extra option to wait with backup start until the script is finished, for example, that setting is obligatory for the SQL databases backup.
- Post-snapshot - the script is executed after the backup snapshots are created.
- Post-backup - the script is executed after the backup ends. For example, such a script can be used to shut down the backed-up machine.
Enabling backup scripts
In the Create backup plan view go to Advanced settings by clicking the gear icon. On the right are Backup scripts
Choose the script type to enable. You can choose multiple types at once.
Choose the script dedicated to the OS type.
Types of pre-defined scripts
There are a few types of backup pre-defined available
- Shutdown - To shut down the machine.
- SQL Server database backup - To protect the Microsoft SQL Server database. (Available for Windows OS only)
- MySQL database backup - To protect the MySQL database.
- PostgreSQL backup - To protect the PostgreSQL database.
- Enter path - To run a custom script.
At the end, if you have choosen the script, set the checkbox "Wait for the script, to continue the task". Thanks to it, the task will wait to the moment, when the script has finished.
You can also set the waiting interval and fail the task, if the script has fails.
Using the backup scripts can help to automate backups of resources that cannot be natively backed up by XoperoONE.
Xopero ONE allows to use such features as incremental and differential copies, deduplication, elastic scheduling the backup and detailed monitoring the copies.
In this article, you will get information on how to optimize your backup task. The Xopero ONE system has several functionalities that will allow you to properly optimize your backup tasks. Depending on your needs, you can define them very simply and ...
Predefined backup plans
Overview In this article, you will get information about predefined backup plans and how to use them. Predefined backup plans Predefined backup plans are always located in the list of the plans in Xopero ONE by default. If you don't want to create ...
How to configure Microsoft SQL database backup
In this article, you will get information on how to configure the Microsoft SQL database environment using Xopero ONE. The database backup process in Xopero ONE can be split into two different operations: Creating a database dump using backup ...
How to configure Oracle database backup?
In this article, you will get information on how to configure the Oracle database environment using Xopero ONE. The database backup process in Xopero ONE can be split into two different operations: Creating a database dump using backup scripts, ...
How to configure MySQL database backup
Overview The database backup process in Xopero ONE can be split into two different operations: Creating a database dump using backup scripts, Performing a backup of the database dump. The first operation is triggered through Xopero ONE using the ...